Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 222

My son would say "Christmas is over mom", but I just can't let it go. :O) A friend Sue, sent me a great card that I decided to try to duplicate with what I had on hand. I wish the ornamant showed up better. It was a circle and ornament top cut with my KNK. I used photo paper for the ornament and then used alcohol ink to color it. I then used a SU stamp with Versa Mark and added Zing embossing powder for the flourish. The hanger is just a piece of silver thread dipped in glue and laid on the card. What the ornamnet doesn't show is how pretty the Zing powder looks, it is just great stuff. :O)  The "branch" it is hanging from was the tree from the SU Truck set. I attached it to some cranberry cardstock and it is really a cute little card.  I very seldom use my stamps, alcohol inks, or embossing powders so this was rather fun.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't the alcohol inks cool?! I've just started playing with them, and I am having so much fun.

    I love this card. I really like how you used the stamp to create the multi branches of the tree. The ornament is awesome, totally worth extending the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete