Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day 530

A childhood friend was recently diagnosed with stage 4 liver and colorectal cancer. In order to raise funds I put this name tile on Facebook and offered them for $10 to the first 25 people with all of the money going to the friend. In less than 24 hours they were sold out. I have about half of them done. It would be a great fundraiser for anyone but I would suggest charging more. They are a fair amount of work, between the weeding and getting it on to the tile.

4 comments:

  1. I love this idea!!! Where is the font from? I assume you have the whole alphabet. what is the size? 12X12 or 6X6?
    thanks for answering all my questions. Lisa at movielady66@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is the link to the alphabet. http://www.paperthreads.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=66_84&products_id=6396
    I get 12x12 tiles. They are actually about 11.75x11.75. I then make the monogram 11.50x11.50.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy you are so kind. These are great. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pam. It was work, mainly lining them up on the tile, but it was a fun way to make money and the cost to me was minimum. Most of the people who bought them didn't know the person but liked the tile.

    ReplyDelete