Sunday, November 8, 2009

Day 157


At our Retreat Kylee taught a class on how to use our KNK for etching glass. I had everything I needed at home ready to go but needed the courage to try it. Kyleee showed us how and it was not difficult so I finally gathered my things and using a word file from Sam& Haileys at www.paperthreads.com I made this plate!
You cut your file from vinyl and then you save the negative, the part you would normally toss, and apply it to a clean plate. Kylee had us wipe the plate with rubbing alcohol to make sure it was clean and then apply the vinyl to the plate so that there are no bubbles and the edges are very secure. Then apply the etching cream and wait. This plate cost me about $1.50 to make and will be used for our family Christmas cookie share. Thanks Kylee!

No comments:

Post a Comment