Saturday, April 17, 2010

Day 290

The pictures are my beautiful spring flowers in bloom and out concrete! How exciting!
It has been one of those weeks.
Monday and Tuesday I watched my 2 grandkids. They have 2 dogs, Sierra, a mellow black lab, and Milo an adorable Soft Coated Wheaton Terrier mix. Milo is the sweetest guy and Hailey and Gavin can do anything to him and he just looks at them. But Milo has started getting aggressive with anyone who is not a family member. I think he is trying to protect them. They have a huge fenced in backyard so Milo has room to romp but he gets very upset with the neighbors, many of them children. A few weeks ago when I was watching them, Gavin, the 3 year old went out the front door and Milo followed. A neighbor was walking past and Milo went after him like he wanted to kill him. Luckily Milo did not bite him, just scared him half to death. Jodie and Dan talked to their vet, the Wheaton rescue where the originally got Milo 5 years ago, and even had a "dog whisperer" come to the house. After a lot of  discussion a decision was made to return Milo to the Wheaton rescue. They found out that Milo's sister was returned to the rescue 2 weeks ago because she also has become increasingly aggressive.They are a non kill and the dogs stay in foster homes not kennels. So when I left Tuesday I knew it would be the last time I would see Milo. If I was in a better place emotionally I would have taken Milo, I love that dog. But it would have meant convincing my husband that it was the right thing, and a lot of work getting Milo to get along with our Weim Amy as they are both alpha dogs, and also to make sure Milo did not kill CAT. I just didn't feel like I had it in me at this point but feel so guilty. Wed., Thursday and Friday were spent getting my eldest son Jim ready for a colonoscopy. He was great drinking 2 gallons of "prep" over 2 days but I couldn't leave him for a minute because he was not able to eat and he is very sneaky. The good news is they didn't find anything unexpected with the colonoscopy. They also did a CT scan but we did not get the results yet. Friday, Jodie and Dan drove from WI to Minnesota to take Milo to his foster home. So when Jim and I got back from his tests we had Gavin and Hailey waiting for us. They spent the night and went home this afternoon. 
And to end the week, 26 years ago today our son Josh was born. He has been gone 17 months. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy,
    I think I lost my last comment. I just wanted to say that you'll be in my thoughts and prayers. You have had a hard week. Don't feel guilty, you do an amazing job with everything you do. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I think of Josh, it is hard to believe he has been gone for 17 months. I think of you and your family often. Much love.

    Carol Johnson from IL.

    ReplyDelete